Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's "Berry Order" Time!

As you know, we are always looking for ways to save you money and help you live more providently.  If you enjoyed your frozen berries  and jams from last year (I know we did), this is your opportunity to order again.  Each frozen berry/fruit comes in a 14 lb. box.  The puree comes in a 14 lb. bucket.  The Jams come in a case, 12-1 lb. containers per box.   

One of the reasons for the demand of blueberries is the anti-oxidant properties of dark berries.  Although blueberries are the highest, cranberries, blackberries, loganberries, and boysenberries are not far behind.  I recently learned that blackberries naturally provide a skin protectant from the sun.  (I'm ordering a bunch for my breakfast smoothies).

Trish and I were curious about the cost comparison.  As we priced around we discovered that Bithell is a great deal for all of their berries except frozen strawberries (Wal-mart and Aldi's are cheaper if you buy the large bulk bags), and if you buy your strawberries fresh from Costco and freeze them, it is even less.  Kroger was not a contender.  Just an FYI.  Also, I was excited to see that Bithell's red raspberries are $5 less than last year! 

In the past, several have ordered single variety cases of jam and exchanged with each other so that we can enjoy a variety (most cost effective). Orders are due by June 22nd!  Expect deliveries by late September.  Reply to this message at livebyfaith22@gmail.com and include the following information: 

1- Name
2- Phone Number
3- Item (Specify Jam, Frozen, or Puree)
4- Quantity

Orders can only be included in the 'group buy' on June 22nd if payment has been received.  Make checks out to Christine Brady.  You can e-mail livebyfaith22@gmail.com or call me 615-591-0027 with any questions. 

Christine

P R O V I D E N T  L I V I N G
& Self Reliance
www.meetup.com/providentliving


Bithell Farms, Inc.
Name:  _________________________________________________
Phone:  _________________________________________________
Item (Specify Frozen, Puree, or Jam):  ____________________________
Quantity:  _______________________________________________



 ITEM                               AMOUNT             

Marion Blackberries           $38.00
Red Raspberries                 $44.00
Boysenberries                     $38.00
Blueberries                           $39.00
Strawberry Sliced/Sugar   $32.00
Strawberry Whole              $38.00
Loganberries                       $38.00
Pie Cherries                         $38.00
Dark Sweet Cherries           $39.00
Peaches                                $38.00
Apricots                               $38.00
Apples                                 $32.00
Rhubarb                              $32.00

Puree Blackberry               $38.00
Puree Red Raspberry         $44.00
Puree Boysenberry            $38.00
Puree Strawberry               $38.00
Puree Loganberry              $38.00

Jam Gift Pack                    $21.00
Jam Blackberry                 $38.00
Jam Raspberry                   $38.00
Jam Boysenberry               $38.00
Jam Blueberry                   $38.00
Jam Strawberry                 $38.00
Jam Loganberry                $38.00

No comments:

Post a Comment